I’ve been slowly working on the aileron gap fairings over the last few days. Today I finished dimpling, primered and riveted them. It felt good to get this done as its been a while since I feel I accomplished something on this project. Even if it is a small thing.
after this I started working on the pitot mounting bracket. I bought this a while back and for some reason its been daunting to me. I think it has a lot to do with the install instructions. I ended up just looking at some photos and going from there. I did a piss poor job of photos today, but no big deal. I scribed some lines on the plate, placed it up on the spar, clamped in place and match drilled. I needed a piece of angle aluminum so this is about as far as I got with it. I ended up assembling the tube and priming it as well
Next I mounted the skins, and called it a night